The Five Step Process
During our visit we conduct a comprehensive visual inspection of the home, office, or commercial building in question. Our goal is to find signs of moisture damage and other conditions conductive to fungal growth and overall air quality. During this step we utilize as needed the latest equipment the industry has to offer. Such devices including:
- Infrared thermometers that digitally read temperatures being produced by AC units.
- Infrared cameras that can often detect moisture in leaky ceilings from quite a distance.
- Handheld moisture meters used in order to determine the moisture content of surfaces.
- Digital scopes that assist the mold specialist in concealed areas.
- Humidity meters that can read the percentage of evaporated moisture in the air.
- To follow the Indoor Environmental Standards of (ANSI/IICRC S500 & S520) Protocols.
Because we test and inspect for mold only and do not provide remediation services of any kind we have no conflict of interest thus we have no desire to recommend extensive and expensive corrective measures that are not needed.
Our job is to discover, describe, document, and disclose conditions that may negatively impact your indoor air quality so that you can have such conditions properly addressed.